A FOCUS ON SCHOOL READINESS
Y Preschool is a trusted early childhood education program that combines a safe and happy educational environment with an intentional, proven curriculum designed to stimulate intellectual, emotional, and social growth - all with the focus of preparing children for success in kindergarten and beyond. Our program provides development opportunities for young children to:
- learn through play
- develop cognitive and physical health
- become enthusiastic, inquisitive learners
- develop character
- be independent and self-confident
Children enrolled in Y Preschool routinely assess at, or more often, above state averages across all school readiness measures.
Financial assistance is available while funds last. In most cases, we also accept Child Care Subsidy (CCS) vouchers. Learn more about financial aid.
ENHANCED HEALTH PROCEDURES
To protect the health and safety of all children, parents and Y associates, all Y Preschools are strictly adhering to all health and safety protocols recommended by the Maryland State Department of Health. This includes:
- Maintaining groups of no more than 15, including the teacher
- Limiting one group per space
- Propping doors open where appropriate and reducing the need to touch or open/close doors
- Hand washing by Y associates and children every 45 minutes and between activities
- Taking each child’s temperature daily, before admittance into the center
- Requiring all Y associates in the building to wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Training all Y associates so they are fully prepared to welcome and care for children and families in a manner that is consistent with our many new health and safety protocols.
Additionally, our preschools are continuously spot cleaned throughout the day using CDC approved disinfectant, cleaning supplies and practices. We also use an EPA approved disinfectant for all bathrooms and floors and use a bleach water mixture for all solid surfaces and toys. The preschools are also thoroughly cleaned between each shift.
SCHEDULE A TOUR TODAY
To enroll in Y preschool, your first step is to call or email the preschool director to schedule a tour. During the tour the director will answer any questions you may have as you tour the classrooms, meet our teachers and learn about daily routines, curriculum, and our goals and expectations.
There are six Y preschool locations in central Maryland serving children ranging in age from six weeks to age 5. Ages vary by location. Select a preschool center to schedule a tour and get more information about ages, program hours and details, sample daily schedule, and more.
- The Betty Sterner Y Preschool in Catonsville (Baltimore County)
850 South Rolling Road Catonsville, MD 21228
- Y Chipmunks Preschool (Carroll County)
2101 Old Westminster Pike Finksburg, MD 21048
- Y Preschool in Riverside (Harford County)
1200 Creamery Lane Belcamp, MD 21017
- Y Preschool in Towson (Baltimore County)
301 West Chesapeake Avenue Towson, MD 21204
- Y Preschool at UMBC (Baltimore County)
1000 Hilltop Circle Baltimore, MD 21250
- Y Preschool at Weinberg (Baltimore City)
900 East 33rd Street Baltimore, MD 21218