Sports is a fun way for kids to develop new skills, coordination and balance, stay active, and have fun! At the Y, our sports programs focus on:
- Skill development and drills
- Character development
- All inclusive game play
- Sportsmanship and teamwork
- Coordination and Safety
- Basic rules
We offer a wide variety of sports to keep youth and teens active. Classes, ages and availability vary by center.
Hit nothing but net as you improve your basketball skills, including ball control, dribbling, passing, shooting and court position.
- Pee Wee Basketball Skills (ages 3-5)
- Basketball Skills (ages 6+)
- Basketball Academy (intermediate/advanced players)
Have a blast as you improve your soccer skills, including dribbling, passing, shooting, ball control, field position, and offensive and defensive strategies.
- Pee Wee Soccer Skills (ages 3-5)
- Soccer Skills (ages 6+)
- Soccer Academy (intermediate/advanced players)
Enjoy a variety of sports like basketball, soccer, flag football and more!
- Pee Wee Sports Mix Skills (ages 3-5)
- Sports Mix Skills (ages 6+)
- Family Sports Mix Skills
Learn and improve fundamental lacrosse skills such as cradling, passing, catching, scooping and shooting.
- Lacrosse Skills (ages 6+)
Enhance your skills with drills and games that focus on passing, catching, kicking, field position and more!
- Football/Flag Football Skills (ages 6+)
T-ball, Baseball, Softball
Have fun on the diamond as you learn basic skills such as batting, throwing, catching and base running!
- Pee Wee T-Ball Skills (ages 3-5)
- Baseball/Softball Skills (ages 6+)
Learn and enhance your stick handling skills and hone your techniques with games and drills focusing on passing, shooting and team play.
- Floor Hockey Skills (ages 6+)
Learn the basics of tennis through volleying, partner and match play. Offered at the Y in Arnold only.
- Pee Wee Tennis Skills
- Youth Beginner Tennis
- Youth Intermediate Tennis
- Youth Advanced Tennis
- High School Boys & Girls Tennis
- High School Advanced Tennis
- Individual Tennis Instruction
Other Sports-Related Activities
Stay active and learn new skills with these and other fun classes!
- Rock Wall Climbing - An exhilarating activity that is fun for the whole family, provides an excellent upper body workout, and improves coordination and balance. It’s also a great way to become familiar with the sport if you plan to eventually head outdoors to climb. No matter your age or fitness level, indoor rock climbing is enjoyable for all.
- Backyard Sports - A co-ed class to get kids active and playing games typically found outdoors. Under supervision of an instructor, kids will be offered two games to participate in. Games include, but not limited to gaga, 9 square, cornhole, volleyball, horseshoes and kickball.
- Y Sports Day - When school is out, we have just what you need to stay active. Join us at the Y for a fun day off from school with sports and games like soccer, sports mix, basketball and more!
- Gym Games - Designed for youth to play a variety of non-traditional sports and gym-related games that are structured to improve flexibility and cardio while enjoying physical play with peers.
- Pee Wee Gym Games - Designed for children to play a variety of non-traditional sports and gym-related games specifically chosen for the toddler age group. This is a non-parent participation class that will help children become more independent, while learning and improving hand/eye coordination, motor skills, and basic sports skills.
- Youth Sports Conditioning - This program is all about the athlete getting quicker and more efficient with his or her playing time. Entertaining drills will assist with endurance, stamina and strength.