Fundamental to our mission is the idea and practice of inclusion for all regardless of race, religion, gender, age or economic circumstance. That's what The Y Campaign For a Better Us is all about -- raising funds so that Y programs and services can remain accessible to those who can’t otherwise afford them. The end result strengthens our whole community.
Make An Impact
You have the ability to make a life-altering, positive impact for a child or family in need. Here are just a few examples of your donations at work.
An average of …
- $38 provides a young adult with a Y membership for one month
- $50 supports one day of field trip travel for a teenager in Y Teen Adventure Camp
- $215 gives a child one week of valuable learning and preparation for school in Y Preschool
- $300 helps expose a high school student to the legislative process in the Y Youth & Government program
- $500 keeps a school-age child safe and productively engaged for two months in a Y After School Enrichment program while their parents work.
- $780 helps a youth gain independence and self-reliance in two weeks of Y Overnight Camp
- $1,000 helps a family hit by economic hardship stay active and engaged at the Y for one year
Every dollar donated helps to make a difference. No amount is too little. Please give as generously as you can and DONATE TODAY.
If you would like to contribute a gift to the Y through your Donor Advised Fund, please send to: The Y in Central Maryland, Attn: Matthew Freedman at 303 West Chesapeake Ave, Baltimore, MD 21204. For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of the Y and the thousands of children and families who benefit from your support, thank you!
Thank You. Gracias. Dankie. Kamsahamnida.
Here are just a few words of thanks from real Y scholarship recipients.
"I am so thankful for my Y membership. My family was given a scholarship and I cannot even state the impact it has had. The Y is a safe place for my children. The people are friendly and make me feel like I belong."
"I’m so grateful to the Y. My son comes home happy every day and he is learning so much! I can’t thank you enough."
"For me, being retired, it’s nice to be able to get out of the house and meet people."
"My daughter was able to go to camp at a discounted rate. She said it was her best summer ever. Now she will be able to start swim lessons."
"Great staff and teachers, safe atmosphere. My daughter loves it here and is learning fundamental educational and social skills."
"The Y has given my grandson and I a chance to bond."
The Y in Central Maryland is designated as a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization by the Internal Revenue Service. Your contribution is tax deductible in accordance with IRS regulations. For a copy of our current financial statement, please contact us at 303 W. Chesapeake Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21204 or 443-322-9622.