Y Before & After School Enrichment gives children a fun, healthy balance to the school day with lots of choices and opportunities to discover new talents and interests. Children go home happy, ready to rest and prepared for the next day, while parents enjoy peace of mind knowing their children are safe while they are at work.
All full-time enrollees (5 days a week) in Y Before and/or After School Enrichment and receive a complimentary Y family membership included with their enrollment!
PROGRAM HOURS AND OPTIONS
- Y Before & After School Enrichment programs are available in elementary schools in Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, and Harford Counties. SEE SCHOOL LOCATIONS AND REGISTER.
- Before school enrichment begins at 7:00am and after school enrichment ends at 6:00pm for most schools.
- Program options include full-time (5 days a week) or part-time (3 days a week) at most schools. Choose from before school enrichment, after school enrichment or before & after school enrichment.
- Financial assistance is available while funds last. In most cases, we also accept Child Care Subsidy (CCS) vouchers. LEARN MORE ABOUT FINANCIAL AID.
EXCLUSIVE IDISCOVER SERIES
iDiscover is a series of fun, age-appropriate enrichment choices that complement a rigorous school day. Activities center around monthly themes designed to promote discovery through STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math), strategy games, creative expression, reading, hands-on projects, imaginative play, and more.
Our program includes 30 minutes of exercise everyday (who better than the Y?!) through physical play. We also provide 30 minutes of daily homework time, healthy snacks, on-site "field trips" with special guests and more.
Below is a partial list of some of our iDiscover activities:
- Adventures of the Traveling Suitcase - Travel the world without leaving home! Participants will create binoculars and safari hats, suitcases with supplies and update their passports as they prepare to explore outer space, walk through the Amazon, swim under the sea, stay warm in the Arctic Tundra and bask in the sun of the islands!
- Builders Lab - Using STEM basics and their imaginations,students will measure, glue and build structures with creative resources like food and recycled materials.
- Career Explorers (middle schools only) - “When I grow up…” It is never too early for children to explore future careers. Participants will learn about what it’s like to be police officers, financial executives, military personnel, fashion designers and IT experts!
- Craft Corner - Embrace your creative vision! Participants will create scrapbooks, cultural and fashion masks to reflect their personalities, and try their hands at re-creating famous works of art!
- iDetective - There's no case too hard for our junior detectives! These competent detectives will test common myths for fact or fiction; use their CSI kits to apprehend angry birds,, and create secret messages, codes and aliases to travel the world and track down elusive spies.
- Mad Scientist - The Y science lab is open! Don't mind the noise as our junior scientists employ chemistry, biology, physics and food science to create experiments that end with a bang, crackle, and pop!
- Music Mania - Unleash your inner rock star! Participants will dance under a disco ball, jam and vibe to country on guitars and croon on a microphone to the sounds of Motown, rock and roll, hip/hop, pop and reggae classics!
- Games Galore - Learn and play games from around the world; perfect your skills at the classics and try new versions of vintage games! Create an original board game to take home and share!
- Lil' Chefs - Are you the next Top Chef? Learn a variety of cooking techniques and show off your skills in a cook-off! Cooking activities will require minimal-to-no heat and each child will create a recipe card ring with their favorites to make at home.
For more information about Y Before & After School Enrichment, please contact your Y center or the Y Customer Service office at 443-322-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.