Y overnight camps give youth a unique experience away from home where they are introduced to new experiences, new friends, and new discoveries about themselves and what they're capable of.
Types of Overnight Camps
Camp Hashawha is available to campers entering grades 3-10.
Your child will discover new skills and new friends as they embark on one adventure after another! Located in Carroll County, Camp Hashawha offers many exciting activities that are sure to please!
Hashawha Center, 300 John Owings Rd., Westminster, MD 21158
- June 18 - June 22 | Under the Big Top
- July 2 - July 6 | Pirates of the Caribbean
- July 9 - July 13 | Hawaiian Hullabaloo
- July 23 - July 27 | Knights & Princesses
- August 6 - August 10 | Mystery Week
- August 13 - August 17 | Survivor Reunion Week
Archery, Camp Fires, Fishing, Sports, Swimming/Swim Lessons, Canoeing, Tons of Games, Crafts, Confidence Course, Environmental Education, Team Building, Hiking, and so much more!
Modern Cabins with indoor shower/toilet facilities, Outdoor Pool, Sports Fields, Hiking Trails, Lake Hashawha, Nature Center, Pavilions, Dining Hall and more!
Meals May Include...
- Breakfast: Fresh fruit, yogurt, french toast, cereal, pancakes, scrambled eggs, milk, juice, sausage, bacon and more.
- Lunch/Dinner: Fajitas, chicken, tacos, meatball subs, veggies, salad, hot dogs, hamburgers, spaghetti and more.
Every effort will be made to accommodate special dietary needs.
All activities are designed with safety in mind. All Y Associates are CPR and First Aid certified.
For your added convenience, there are several options available for camper drop-off and pick-up:
- On-site at Camp Hashawha: Campers can be dropped off at Camp Hashawha on Mondays at 9:00am and picked up on Fridays at 11:00am.
- The Hill Y in Westminster (Hill): Campers can be dropped off at the Hill Y in Westminster on Mondays between 7am - 10am and picked up on Fridays by 6pm. Transportation is provided to and from Camp Hashawha free of charge.
- Shuttle Bus Locations: A Camp Hashawha shuttle bus picks-up/drops-off at the Y in Arnold, the Y in Ellicott City (Dancel), the Y in Parkville and the Y in Abingdon (Ward). Non-refundable/non-transferable fee: $20 each way per child/per week.
|Camp Hashawha Weekly Rates|
|Member Rate: $432||Program Rate: $486|
Camp Puh'tok is available to campers entering grades 2-11.
Camp Puh'tok introduces a brand new kind of Y Camp experience in 2018! Camp Puh'tok sits one 67 pristine acres surrounded by hundreds of acres of park lands, brimming with all the wonder nature has to offer. Your child will delight in clear running streams, majestic forests, critters of all shapes and sizes, and green grassy meadows. We promise an experience that is all too rare these days –a sense of awe produced without screens, consoles, or speakers – just pure nature!
Camp Puh'tok, 17433 Big Falls Road, Monkton, MD 21111
|One Week Sessions||Two Week Sessions|
|Session 1A: June 24 - June 29||Session 1: June 24 - July 6|
|Session 1B: July 1 - July 6|
|Session 2A: July 8 - July 13||Session 2: July 8 - July 20|
|Session 2B: July 15 - July 20|
|Session 3A: July 22 - July 27||Session 3: July 22 - August 3|
|Session 3B: July 29 - August 3|
|Session 4A: August 5 - August 10||Session 4: August 5 - August 17|
|Session 4B: August 12 - August 17|
Outdoor Cooking, Archery and Riflery, Climbing Tower, High and Low Ropes Course, Tubing, Canoeing, Survival Skills, Swimming, Tons of Games, Crafts, Nature Studies, Gaga Ball, Native American Crafts and Dance, and so much more! Activities vary based on age.
Campers enjoy our unique facilities. We offer rustic Native American and Wild West inspired dwellings, as well as modern chalets, log cabins, and an authentic fort. Our modern lodgings offer all the comforts of home including heat, air conditioning and full bathrooms.
Kids and parents love our associates of professionals and college students. All are certified in First Aid and CPR and have passed a stringent background check. A registered nurse is available around the clock.
For your added convenience, transportation is available to/from Camp Puh'tok at the Y in Towson (Orokawa). The bus leaves the Y at 8am and returns at 5pm. The cost is $40/week round trip.
|Camp Puh'tok Rates|
|Ages||One Week Session||Two Week Sessions|